– To have good intentions before starting a task.
– Habits are changed by acts of worship.
– To perfect one’s duty in private and in public.
– To dislike being praised by others, with the Du`aa: “O Allah, forgive me for what they do not know about me, and make me better than what they think of me.”
– To welcome advice from friends.
– To not seek leadership and not nominate yourself for positions of authority.
– To be constantly mindful of one’s shortcomings, and to advise or wish others well.
– To feel that your contribution is minimal compared to others.
– To love performing the Fajr, Ishaa’, and night prayers.
– To prefer giving charity in secret.
These are some of the signs of sincerity (ikhlas). We therefore have to exert ourselves to achieve sincerity because it is a great loss to work hard and end up losing everything.