For the traveller, we say the one who has travelled 48 miles after leaving the last home of their city they become a traveller.
- If this traveller finds it difficult to fast it is an obligation not to fast
- If the fasting could lead to difficulty it is better for him not to fast
- If it creates a slight difficulty but it’s not too bad then it is better to fast.
For the sick person:
- If the fasting will harm them then it is an obligation not to fast.
- If he finds it difficult with no harm then it is better not to fast
- If they are slightly ill then he has to fast.
For both the traveller and ill person they must make these fasts up.