- Smile and be cheerful and don’t be grumpy. This is from the Sunnah outside of ‘Eid day let alone on the day of ‘Eid itself.
- Make an effort to smell and look good.
- It’s permissible to greet each other after the salaah in whichever way it is of a person’s custom, be it a handshake, hug and so on.
- Make the day of ‘Eid a memorable day for the youngsters: buy them sweets and spoil them, rather than just making it an ordinary boring day.
- Make it a special day for the women. If possible, order their favourite food instead of making them cook.
- Be someone positive who spreads positivity and happiness and not someone who is doom and gloom.
Make the day of Eid special so our youth and newly practicing Muslims don’t look forward to other holidays and celebrations. Swap gifts, go out somewhere nice and spoil the kids and the elders alike. People should look forward to Eid and not make a dead day sitting at home watching Indian dramas.
واذكر الله في ايام معدودات البقرة ٢٠٣
Ibn ‘Umar (ra) said this is referring to the days of tashreeq , 3 days after Eid.
The Prophet (saw) said in Muslim, these are days for eating, drinking and remembering Allah.
A scholar of the past explains that remembering Allah means a number of things:
- At the end of the prescribed prayers with the takbeer which you hear at the end of prayers.
- Some of them said it’s the takbeer of doing the sacrifice of the animal which extends to 2 of the 3 days of Tashreeq according to the Sahaaba.
- Remembering Allah with eating and drinking, for verily Allah Loves the slave who after every mouthful praises him and after a sip of drink, praises Him as the narration mentions.
The following is general dhikr and some of the people of the past mentioned saying the du’a:
ربنا آتنا في الدنيا حسنة و في الآخرة حسنة و قنا عذاب النار
Hassan said this du’a means ilm and Ibaadah in the dunya and Jannah in the next life.